Friday, July 27, 2007

WEEK 4: s o n i c b r a t

HIGHWAY FELO-DE-SE

Tempo: 120 Bpm
Key: E

This time round I did not use any gear recordings, just samples provided and some soft-synth sound-scaping using Reaktor 5. I've used a couple of LDT's samples, 2 guitar samples and one vocal sample of Eric's. I've pitched them, stretched them, ring modulated them, reversing them till they are just drones. Only Eric's bass guitar sample was left untouched with a little tidying and eq to clean the sample up plus time corrections; and the rest I've used mine... using the guitar synth sample I've provided in Week4, reversing and pitching it all the way up to underlay as the ethereal drone in the back ground. The bass drone get a stereo spread and the square arp get's ring modulated in one track and gated (plus getting the cracking residues of a crackle removal plug-in) in another to get the glitchy clicks. I've also used samples I've provided in the past weeks for the drums. Final touch ups were done by adding Reaktor 5 synths drones, reversing them and such. The loops were edited, warped and got a make over using Sound Forge, mixed on Acid, and mastered on Sound Forge. And here it is, a whiney IDM piece again.

No comments: