Monday, July 9, 2007

WEEK 2: LDT [Render 01]


LDT: Escape Traveler Guitar with Roland GK2 pick-up, Boss WP-20G Wave Processor (pads), Yamaha AN200 (drums), assembled in Acid Pro and Sound Forge

Eric sent me quite a few samples to play with. One batch consisted of some voice things, and the other some guitar sounds. Once I had downloaded them I took them straight into Acid Pro without any normalization or tweaking in Sound Forge. I arranged them in a grid with various parts coming in and out then looked for some drums that were recorded at 80 BPM. I found three tracks I recorded recently for something else and dropped those in to the song for a basic start. I also pulled two pads from the same source that were created with the Boss WP-20G Wave Processor and added those. Then I began to arrange and tighten up what was there. I doubled one of Eric's guitar tracks and dropped its pitch by an octave. I also dropped both of the Wave Processor pads by an octave. One drum bit was recorded at 160 BPM so I dropped that by an octave and brought the beats down to 80 per minute. At that point I added volume envelopes to mix what was there.

The intent of this first render is not to influence Darren's contributions or even give any sort of idea of how the final result will sound. This process which is sort of standard for me is to organize in my mind what is there, and to provide something to listen over the course of the next day or so on my iPod. Normally I would listen to the first render for a week or two before going at it more however in this case 24 hours will have to do. Once I've received Darren's parts I will add them to the sonic stew, mix and let simmer until I have absorbed it enough to add what is needed to finish it off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!

visit this blog:

Andre Benjamim