Friday, July 13, 2007

WEEK 2: LDT [Update]

Diabolical Structures

The "framework" I pieced together from the supplied samples to act as some sort of guide collapsed last night under the weight of my frustration. A frustration usually reserved for dealing with all things Microsoft. The sort of frustration that might result in Grover-like arm waving and screaming. In any event at about 10:30 pm I simply gave up in dispair.



















This evening I attacked the situation from a different direction. Instead of using the framework I began with laying down various drum tracks at 40, 80 and 160 BPM. I used my Yamaha AN200 and ran it through the Sherman Filter Bank and the results mirrored the sound of last nights frustration. I recorded five tracks of this, setting the Sherman on full blast for complete sonic destruction of the drum loops.



















Once I'd expended all myself with this process I'd managed to create an unlistenable assault of squashed beats and shrill frequencies that proved to be as totally useless as my ill fated framework.

So.... I loaded up a blank project and began again using the Novation Bass Station and the AN200 as a MIDI slave.



















And lo, it came to pass that my Muse, Space Walk Shirely herself stopped by and granted me a little idea that just might do the trick.

No comments: